A 5K Experience Unlike Any Other!
Thank you to all of our Girls, Families, Running Buddies & Volunteers for making our 5K a wonderful celebration!
Girls on the Run NYC 5K Sunday, December 8th 2013 Check-in Opens | 9:00 am
5K Starts Promptly | 10:30 am
Location: Icahn Stadium
20 Randall’s Island
New York, NY 10035
Celebrate with Girls on the Run NYC
Happy Hair Station • Gratitude Table • Face Painting I am Girls on the Run Photo Booth • Mean Stinks Pinky Promise And Much More!
Questions? Contact our volunteer 5K Directors: Marit Vagstad at firstname.lastname@example.org and Melissa Ulan email@example.com.
GETTING TO RANDALL’S ISLAND:
Bus Service to Randall’s Island Girls on the Run will provide additional buses starting at 8:30 am at the 4/5/6 Subway stop at 125th St and Lexington Avenue, Northwest Corner, that will go straight to Icahn Stadium on Randall’s Island. You can take this or the M35 from the same stop to get to the event.
Subway/Bus The M35 bus runs to the Island from the NW corner of 125th Street and Lexington Ave. Transfer is available from the Lexington Avenue 4, 5, or 6 trains at 125th Street. For MTA travel information, (718) 330-1234 or www.mta.info.
Pedestrian/Bicycle The 103rd Street Pedestrian Footbridge connects the southern end of Randall’s Island to Manhattan, linking to the East River esplanade and across the FDR to 103rd Street in East Harlem. Pedestrian Ramps connect the Park to all three spans of the RFK Bridge.
- Manhattan: 125th Street and 2nd Avenue to just behind the Golf Center
- Bronx: Cypress Avenue and Bruckner Boulevard to the Bronx Shore Fields
- Queens: Hoyt Avenue and 28th Street, adjacent to the Astoria Boulevard N/W station, to mid-Island, adjacent to the Central Fields
Automobile Parking is free of charge. All automobile access is via the RFK Bridge.
- From Manhattan: Stay left for the exit to Randall’s Island, immediately after the toll plaza.
- From Queens or the Bronx: Stay right for the exit to Randall’s Island, immediately after the toll plaza.